Saturday, April 17, 2010

HELLO, HELLO, IS THIS THING ON??



Yes a week before my first Half Ironman race I think it's time to start updating the blog (I'll try to post at least weekly until Ironman in November). I've even updated our race schedule for 2010.


As I sit here looking over the workout schedule for the upcoming week, I reflect on how far my training has come over the past year. If you recall I started swimming almost a year ago after spending a couple of years on duathlon circuit and this time next week Kevin and I will be dropping our bikes off in transition for the Ironman Texas 70.3 on 4/25. This also happens to be Kevin's birthday and he just couldn't think of anything better to do for his birthday.


When I started the swim clinic last year my very long range goal was to be able to finish a 70.3 in the next couple of years but after having my first taste of triathlons at Jack's Generic Triathlon lat August, I was hooked and wanted more. More is exactly what I've gotten since. I've spent many many hours swimming and building up my distance and next week I will put it all to a test.


Stay tuned more to come!!!

4 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Look forward to racing with you two!!

Fred (aka ace) said...

Congrats! Have a great race guys!

etg said...

Welcome back to the blog-o-sphere...we've missed you!

Anonymous said...

You have come so far in the last year, my friend. You should be proud. That picture is awesome! You should print it and put it on the wall.