Friday, January 30, 2009

January Update




Well, as the last weekend this month starts I figured this would be a great time to update the blog and give you a summary of what's been going on with us.

Not so funny, Sampson has a pulled or strained muscle in his rear right leg and he's not even the one training. I think he is just jealous of us using the foam and trigger point rollers and he wants in on the action. He seems to be in a lot of pain and like many of us know, muscle aches suck. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Work has been keeping both of us very busy and in this economy busy with a job is very good because so many people wish they had a job to be busy at. Hope the world heals soon.

Onto more fun stuff, our training is going great. Were both building our training base for the long training season ahead and so far so good. The aches and pains haven't been to bad and we're still tweaking the things we wanted to improve on from last season.
Our race results for this month were, Runtex 20 Miler 3:40 and Frost Yer Fanny Du a second place age group finish.

Kevin, ran his first stand alone half marathon and finished with a great time of 1:33. I keep telling him he doesn't know just how fast he is. I just can't wait until he earns us a trip to Kona.
The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy on several accounts. I'm going to visit my family in Detroit and then head to Atlanta for business meetings. I say there's nothing like piling it on before a big race right? Then comes another big day, the Austin Marathon February 15th. My goal is to match my San Antonio race time and given the Austin course has more hills that will be a challenge. I like challenges!!
So until the next update be safe and may you and yours live life to the fullest.
CK

No comments: