Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's Exactly 3 weeks away


Wow, how times flies when you're having fun training for life changing events. June 2008 Kevin hit the send button and registered for his first Ironman race and in exactly 3 weeks from today we will be with lots of family and friends listening to National Anthem and waiting for the cannon to go off to start Ironman Coeur d'Alene. I get chills thinking about all the emotions I'm going to feel so I can't possibly imagine what he and the other 2000+ athletes will be going through. I'm very proud of him and it still amazes me how far we have come and how different our lives are from when we met on that dance floor in Atlanta over 12 years ago. I couldn't ask for a better life partner to share the journey with.


Training for both of us has been pretty tough the past month. The number of running miles are to many to count especially since I've officially started marathon training for the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C. on October 25th. This will be my 3rd marathon, first outside of TX, I'm focusing my training to break 4hrs, wish me luck and healthy training.


Since the last post we've completed the 100 mile Shiner ride and the very hilly Real Ale Ride, both were tough but awesome and I for sure will be back next year to both. But one of the toughest training highlights of the past month was "Practice Man". This was supposed to be a simulated triathlon put on by T3, but we weren't able to use the pool. So we hoped on our bikes from a transition spot and set out on a 25 - 40 mile bike ride at what we expect our race speed to be. Right off of the ride, we parked our bikes on the transition rack put on our running shoes and set out for a half marathon run. This was the longest run I'd ever had off of a bike ride and my legs definitely let me know they were not happy, but I finished. After the pain was over I felt great and again another hurdle crossed. So for the next few weeks marathon training will continue and while in Coeur d'Alene I will even run the marathon course because I have a 14 mile run to do, but rides will be a little shorter as we prepare for June 21st. My swimming is coming along and I even did an open water swim today, which was scary since I've only ever swam in a pool with a black line at the bottom. I'm determined to master swimming and get ready for my first triathlon in August.


Our work life is going great but busy which is a good thing and both of our families are doing well and we can't wait to spend time with some of them during the race.


That's it for now on our boring lives,


Life, Love, & Happiness


Chris & Kevin

1 comment:

erin said...

you guys are just so damn awesome. :)