Saturday, May 16, 2009

Take your signs when you get them....

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Finally I'm able to update the blog because my ride this morning was a complete BUST!! Before I could make it out of the parking lot for my supposed to be 70 mile ride I had a flat. Quick tube change and off we went. Five miles into the ride pssssst another flat. My rule of thumb is two flats in one ride, call it a day because someone is giving you a sign. Little did I know it was Mother Nature, the skies over Austin have gotten dark and heavy rain is coming. Thank you Mother Nature because you know the only thing worse in my book than a busted ride is a ride in the rain.

Well, how are things in the Kevin & I's world? Can you say CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!! Work is keeping us both very busy with a couple of road trips thrown in just spice things up a bit. However, I'm not complaining and thankful to have a job.

The Hill Country Ride for AIDS was again great and the weather was perfect, but even though it fell on Kevin's birthday this year he couldn't ride because he came down with a serious stomach bug and spent his birthday running between the bed and the bathroom :-( It was another record breaking year for fundraising, thank you all for your love and support.

To be continued, going to pick up Kevin and others who got caught in the storm.

No comments: